28 March 2008

There Goes our Savings


Touted as the biggest bookstore in the Middle East, Magrudy's finally opened last week 8k from my home. Very dangerous. They have some lovely knitting books. I have visited a couple of times now and so far I have bought








Field Guide to Knitting, A great stitch dictionary that goes so far beyond the basics. Very inspiring and I love the glossy pics of all the swatches.








Debbie Bliss Home, Not only has this book got some good projects for housey things, but it is also very pretty and makes a cool coffee table book.



For the girls, we have our first chapter book- none other than Pippi Longstocking illustrated by Lauren Child, who we adore. We are halfway through and enjoying reading about her antics. There has been a few times now where I have not been able to get a sentence out because I am laughing so hard.


Magrudy's even have a little yarn corner plus a small range of needles and accessories. :) Then there is the art supplies, stationery, wooden toys, oh and books.


1 comment:

  1. I can understand the danger in living so close to a bookstore! Great book purchases.

    If you would like to join in on 'This is...' please feel free to post on any of our themes. Let me know if you popped up a post and I can add you to our blog roll.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by

Lisa