1 November 2009

Six months on...

Talk about a journey and life changing six months. We have all grown so much during my bloggy hiatus.

In the days after my last post we got the news that we would be leaving Dubai. in a bit of a hurry Not quite Maria and Captain Von Trapp style but at the time it felt a little like it.

We returned to my birthplace for a lovely Queensland winter. I never thought I would live here again, but I have a feeling we will be here or nearby for quite some time to come.

So what else has been going on?

Not long after we returned, husband got a new job. Not quite as challenging as the last but in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that, for a little while at least.

Around the same time our G became a preppie at a gorgeous little school a bit of a drive from our place. She has truly blossomed there and will be very sad to say goodbye to her teacher at the end of the year. I love the school run and having a goss with the Mums each day.

E is growing up so quickly too. She still loves to sing and dance. She will break into song and put on an impromptu show often. Both girls started dance class at the local youth club a little while back and took to them like a storm.

As for my bump....

In mid September at 42 weeks + 1 day gestation I gave birth to a precious girl. We had the most beautiful birth with the most amazing midwife present. I had been 5cm and having contractions that were going nowhere for weeks so consented to ARM. Two hours later our darling was in our arms no need for any further intervention and my birth plan was followed almost to a T. She has the most amazing blonde hair in a mohawk (of course) and sparkling blue eyes.

The day before her birth I was having an ultrasound because I was post dates, just to ensure that baby and I were still going well when it was discovered that our darling has a cleft lip. At the time they suspected bilateral but after her birth it was confirmed that she has a complete unilateral cleft lip and palate. Her palate's cleft is quite significant (the women folk in our family don't tend to do things in halves!)

I can't say enough about the hospital I birthed at and how I felt completely safe and nurtured by all the midwives and nurses in the maternity ward, the speech therapist and gorgeous social worker. A couple of the ultrasound technicians who I had met even came up to check in to see how we were going.

I will devote a whole post to our darling and the journey we have had over the last seven weeks since her birth. I am so stoked to have another little girl and am so in love with her and her huge smile.

On the knitting front, since my return here I made quite a few new baby things as well as some little gifts for G's teacher who is expecting her first child early next year. I also took part in a fantastic swap with some great women on Ravelry. There were 12 or so of us participating and we made an 8x8 inch square for each member so we could all make a blanket. I still have not put mine together, but am really looking forward to it as the blanket will come in handy come January when the first of H's operations is anticipated.

It feels so good to be dusting the blog off. I hope I can be back often.

9 comments:

  1. It's lovely to have you back!

    Wow, what a lot of wonderful news you have shared! Congratulations on the birth of your littlest one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Glad to have you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how nice to hear all your news, so much has happened in the last six months! welcome back to Oz and welcome to your precious little girl! Congratulations. Three girls - how excellent is that:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home (to Australia AND back to your blog). It's good to see you again!
    Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous daughter. Look forward to catching up with your news more often.
    Best wishes to you, Jacinta
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!! Good to know that you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole, B, J & bump2 November 2009 at 5:56 pm

    Hello my lovely, much missed friend. A niggling little thought over the last couple of days has been telling me to have a look at your blog. So nice to see you back.
    Lots of love to you all. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the safe arrival of H. The last 6 months has been very busy for you, so much going on. Glad to hear everything is going well and will look forward to regularish postings again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay strickerin is back :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by

Lisa