It is nowhere near as bad as it sounds for us as we are able to go from air conditioned car to air conditioned house, office, mall etc and the girls can still play outside in the afternoon. The people who are building this city and doing other outdoor jobs do not have it so cushy.
So what's on my to do list before our flight to Australia on the weekend?
- Charge camera batteries
- Back up computer
- Download some more music and audio books for the girls on the Zune.
- Check that contacts etc are up to date on phone
- Do my This Is for the week
- Finish packing (need Melbourne and Brisbane/Gold Coast clothes)
- Edit the girls' packing
- Wash a shawl that I have knitted as a gift for a friend (it will dry in a flash here)
- Finish knitting 2 other gifts
- Do a load of laundry
- Clean the fridge (DH will be here for most of the summer without us so there is no point in leaving food he won't eat in there)
- Teach DH how to use the dishwasher and washing machine (I am serious. A big hello from 1955 here)
- Lock valuables in the safe
- Do some personal grooming so I don't look like an absolute scruff
- Pay the guy who washes the car
- Pay the housemaid---ME :) See number 12