17 September 2008

Complete: baby blanket


The lovely baby blanket I was working on a few weeks ago has finally been gifted along with an umbilical cord hat I whipped up with the extra wool. Both patterns are from Stitch n Bitch Handbook, though did them from memory as I left my copy in Dubai.

My gorgeous friend Renee who will be a Mum for the first time in a few weeks also liked the title of the book I popped in with her gift. Now it would be lovely if her little cherub could be extra considerate and come at 39 weeks so I can meet him or her before returning home. 

Edited on 19/09 to let you know that around the time I posted this, little Isla made her way into the world five weeks early. Reports so far are that Mum and bub are fine. How sweet is the name Isla? I am looking forward to meeting her and giving my friend a hug, minding swollen breasts of course :)

8 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous present Lisa! I am sure she loved it..I hope you get to miss the receipiant..amazingly F's godmother got on a plane the morning he was born :( she missed him by 8 hours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful-what a very special present

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so soft and comfy! I hope you get to see the little one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect gift for a new baby and for the new mum too. Very thoughtful. Gee you've been home for quite a while, must be nice to catch up with family and friends. Hope you get to see the new babe before you head off back to the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one beautiful blanket; what a lucky friend (and baby)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You knitted them from memory? WOW... that's amazing !! I gather you're about to head off home shortly.... hope you've had a lovely time here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is the most beautiful package I've ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful beautiful gifts! I love the colour you've used too, it's very calming.

    Your edit really made me laugh, I loved the warm sentiment followed by the real life comedy(?) of post-baby aches and pains!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for stopping by

Lisa